Thursday, January 12, 2006

Fun with time exposures

My favorite blog is Firefly Forest. On January 10, Beth posted some light trails that she'd produced from different white light sources. I was intrigued by them; they are quite beautiful.

Our tree has colored lights this year. We try to take it down on January 6, the last day of the true 12 days of Christmas. However, this year it won't come down until Saturday. So I turned the lights off in the living room and tried some shots of my own. They aren't as artistic as Beth's, but they were fun to do.

The full tree took on some attitude:



then it started going round in circles.



I played with some close-up designs:








This was a great lesson for me and a lot of fun. I learned to use the shutter speed mode in the "Creative" region of my camera.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

this is just too cool! I need to try this some night (when it's warmer) :)