Saturday, July 08, 2006

British Columbia - Crystalworks Gallery

One of the highlights of our trips to Vancouver is a visit to Crystalworks Gallery, a gallery of fine crystals, minerals, fossils and stones, plus antique Tibetan singing bowls, Zuni fetishes, artworks by local artists, and photographic montages and medicine art created by Karen, one of the owners. Karen and her mother Susan, who is the other gallery owner, are regular visitors to Tucson, where they attend the annual Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. We're privileged that they stay with us and bring into our house many of their fantastic and beautiful purchases. If you're ever in Vancouver, don't miss their gallery! You can find information about the gallery on their website (www.crystalworks.ca), including the interesting story of how they got started.
Susan opened up the gallery for us on June 25th, the Sunday before we left, for a private viewing. She invited us to take photos. We only had our SD 200IS cameras with us. Our photos don't by any means do the gallery justice. You have to experience it for yourself.
Photo by RVS

Photo by RVS

5 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

How I would LOVE to visit that gallery - i just know I would be in a thrall of wonder! But the next best thing I suppose is to read your description and to look at the photos.
I have enjoyed catching up on your news after a bit of a blogging break - thanks for your comment on my poem!

Lené Gary said...

I'm sending this post to my mother. She collects fossils, and I know she'll be smiling when she sees these. :)

robin andrea said...

What a fantastic gallery. I also collect fossils and interesting stones. There are so many stories in old pieces of the earth.

Pam in Tucson said...

chiefbiscuit - Yes, it's a wonderful gallery in a wonderful city. Wish I could do it justice in my photos. Happy you're back blogging.

lené - I hope your mother enjoys the post and the Crystalworks web site.

robin andrea - The gallery's definitely worth a visit if you go to Vancouver. It's not too far from you :)

Rain Trueax said...

what interesting pictures. I have quite a few different types of rocks in my home due to my parents' interest in it. They had a sizeable fluorescent rock collection which I have yet to figure out what to do with as it's now all in boxes except the specimen pieces that I put in this house. I have been to that Tucson rock show only twice but loved it. Amazing what is there.