Friday, May 04, 2007

Sumer is icumen in

Well, it's getting pretty hot in the Old Pueblo. We haven't "broken the ice" yet - that occurs when the temperature officially breaks 100 degrees Fahrenheit - but we've come pretty close.

The cactus have been blooming and I've managed to take a few photos. I saw this spectacular plant in our neighbourhood when I was out walking early Wednesday morning and took some quick snapshots with my Canon Powershot SD700.I thought I'd go back today to try to take some better photos with the 100 mm. lens, but when I drove by I saw that the flowers were already shrivelled - a two-day wonder.

7 comments:

robin andrea said...

There is something so luscious about cactus flowers. Beautiful.

Nice to have you back in blogland. I've missed you!

Peacechick Mary said...

Just gorgeous. The color! Competes with the sunset.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back...beautiful.

Taradharma said...

that is a beauty, indeed. you saw it at just the right moment in time - how about that?

Mary said...

Good to see you back, you have been missed.
Lovely colours in the cactus flowers.

LauraHinNJ said...

Nice to see you back and with cactus flowers! Nice!

Pam in Tucson said...

robin, PC Mary, jimmy, tdharma, mary, laurahinnj - I think the shading and colours are just amazing. I often wonder the purpose - just two days of blooming and then they're gone. Enough to attract whatever fertilizes them, I guess. Wonderful for us humans who are privileged to capture this brief sighting. Thanks for your welcome. I won't be posting every day, but it is nice to be back in touch with my blog friends again.