Monday, May 19, 2008

Hacienda del Sol - 1

Last August, R. and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. My mother gave us a two-day break at Haciendal del Sol, a Tucson resort. We stayed in a beautiful private one-bedroom casita situated on the edge of a deep wash.

Our Casita at Hacienda del Sol

Wall decoration

The Living Room (where we had a relaxing couples massage)

Dining Nook (where we had an excellent, beautifully served room-service dinner)

Our king-size copper sleigh bed had a view of the wash and the distant Tucson mountains

Bathroom

Our balcony faced the wash and a view of the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains. It was quiet and peaceful.

5 comments:

Taradharma said...

what a lovely gift. that place looks so beautiful, tranquil, creative, quiet, relaxing. I'd like to live there!

Wow...and this August, 51 years. What is the secret to a long lasting marriage? Write a post on that!

Rain Trueax said...

what a lovely spot and gift. Gorgeous, peaceful setting and i love the decor of the casita

Kay Cooke said...

You, your husband, your mother and the desert-scape, all give a whole new meaning to timeless beauty!

Pam in Tucson said...

tara - It really is beautiful. I'll be doing some more posts on it. I wouldn't mind living in that little casita myself either. Don't know what the secret is to long marriages - we've often joked that it's inertia. But we've been through thick and thin and have come out still loving each other and still having interesting things to talk about and enjoy together, so I guess it's working.

rain - The moment I set foot in the casita, I fell in love with it. If we can't get away this summer, I think we'll try to go back. I'll be doing some more posts on the grounds and main building - interesting history.

Pam in Tucson said...

cb - What a lovely thing to say! You must have been writing when I was, because I saw your comment just after I posted mine. It makes me smile knowing that you're writing in my "tomorrow". I hope you enjoy more of the desertscape in my next few posts on this lovely place (although its gardens are really quite lush).